Monday, January 30, 2012

Outside is done! Onward with the inside!

With all the nice weather this month, things are moving along really fast now!  Ted got his belated Christmas present--a sandblasting box--so he finally got the brake parts cleaned, painted and put together.  And the brakes are beautiful!!





In the meantime, I did the "woman" thing and changed my mind on some of her interior stuff.  I started making her slipcovers for the dinette out of a cranberry cotton stuff.  Went to Joann's fabric and saw some upholstery material that I just loved and thought it might work well with the cranberry, but there was too big a difference between the two fabrics.  And the stripes didn't go with the grape curtains.  To solve the problem, I just decided to make all the cushions out of the stripe and use the cranberry material to make new curtains for the dinette windows.  Just a little change in the "menu"!  



The really big news, though, is the outside painting--IT'S DONE!!!  On the 27th, I started the final side--the one with the most problems.  It was finally finished today with the last window being installed.  I just LOVE to stand back and look at her!!  And all the work and patches on that door side don't even show up!

Before with patches
After--Can't see the patches    






                      














Today I finished the wood frames around all but one window.  Just to see how it'll all look, I installed one curtain rod in the bedroom and hung up a set of curtains. 

            
We're heading off for a couple of days in our RV--just across the river.  When I get back, I'll have to tackle the door rebuild--finally.  Then it'll be time to build the new cabinet.  One thing at a time, day by day.  April 1st, here we come!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh She is so pretty! I would love to paint my little Geet's Scotty Blue lower section in the exact colour you used for your Little Tuscan (imitation being the highest form of flattery....) Is it close to a light coral colour or closer to powder pink? (you don't have to say but I sure do love the colour)

    ReplyDelete