Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Tuscan House Is Covered!!

Catching back up again.  The past week has been AWESOME!!!  Finally making some visible progress!  Sunday, Sept. 4th, we put on the first piece of back paneling--the beginning of closing up my Tuscan house and putting her back together again! 

Had to take some time off due to inclement weather--like ex-hurricane Lee causing some heavy rains.  I was pretty ready for a break anyway.

Saturday, Sept. 10th--Back to work!  I made up my mind to learn how to use power tools.  The power saw was first--how hard can it be?  Hey, I got this one covered!  My biggest "setback" is that I'm vertically challenged.  There are ways around that--I just have to climb up on the table to saw the sheets!  Ted may have cut the first panel, but I did all the rest!  

Next, there was the pneumatic staple gun.  That took some practice too--but I'm getting pretty darn good at it!  Today, we even dragged Paul in on the work--lift, carry, hold!  By the end of the day, we're all a little punchy...
...but, we did get the front panels on with no serious problems.  The front panels still need some paint, but she's looking like a real camper now!



Sunday, Sept. 11th--We finished putting all the panels from front to back on!  What a weekend!  Once again, we used Paul for all the times we needed someone tall, strong or just for the extra hands--good thing he works out!

  It took a while to figure out where we needed full sheets of Masonite and where we would need to place the shorter pieces.  In the end, it all worked out and my Tuscan house is all closed up again!  I can't believe we're finally at this stage! 

1 comment:

  1. So you decided on masonite? You mentioned that 1/8" plywood was hard to find. How has the masonite worked out for you in the long run?

    ReplyDelete