Saturday, September 3, 2011

Moving right along...

I guess I have just a little "catch-up" to do.  August 25th, Hurricane Irene headed towards us.  My biggest worry was whether my little camper in her incomplete state would make it through a hurricane.  After all, she's basically just 2 walls on a frame at this point!  Not good when they're predicting sustaining winds of 80 mph!  Even if the winds don't hurt her, the rain could pool in her tarps and collapse her walls!  OH NO!!!!  So, Ted and I spent Thursday wrapping her all up nice and snug in 3 layers of tarps!  She looked like a Christmas present!  The good news--She held up like a champ!!  The tarps all stayed in place--how could they not when Ted did such a good job of tying them all up?  And she was totally dry inside--not a drop!  Much happiness!!!

Ted has been busy doing his parts--making a "box" under the bed to house the electric cord for my Tuscan Casa.  The front has a hinge so it can be accessed from the front of the bed area--that was my idea! 

He also started working on the electrical system (I'm TERRIFIED of working with electricity)--putting in the fusebox and running the appropriate wiring for my lights, appliances, and outlets.  I had to figure out where I wanted outlets and which appliances were going where.

In the past week, I've been dreaming, planning, measuring, sketching, window shopping online--getting myself up and motivated again after such a long break.  Of course like every ADHD person, I've been putting a certain amount of time on things that she won't be ready for until much later in the rebuild process.  But you have to dream, right? I've changed my idea for my curtains--using different material for the dinette area and the bedroom area.  I found the coolest little wooden hat racks that look like cordovan-colored shutters--and decided to do all the trim in the camper that color.  I was perusing the aisles at Lowe's and found MY piece of Formica laminate with a nice-sized crack in it--and got the $58 sheet for $20!!  BARGAIN!!!  Today I went into Tuesday Morning and found two little wrought iron "gates" to use outside of my Tuscan Casa--no self-respecting Tuscan home would be without wrought iron!

All in all, it's been a hell of a week!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment