Thursday, December 15, 2011

Getting some color

Another milestone for Francesca this week--one side painted!  Well, mostly anyway.  I spent the week preparing her streets ide for painting.  It's the side that doesn't have any holes or any other issues still needing to be taken care of.  I sanded; washed and dried; cleaned off old adhesives from near windows with acetone; wiped the whole side down with acetone; put painter's tape on all the edging.

It turned out that it was still too cool to paint--only 50 degrees, barely.  So I spent the rest of the day tearing out the fronts of the galley cabinets and taking measurements to re-do them and to build the new cabinet.  I have to figure out how many sheets of plywood/paneling I need to buy.  Man, they really did use junk wood for the cabinet frames--it looks like the stuff they make pallets out of!  I think I'll use something just a little better for the cabinet I'm building.

Today, I did the painting.  I painted my darker salmon peach first with a roller. 






Then I took a white sport sock inside out and ragged on the light peach over top.  Still not quite what I was trying to do. 



So I used a combination of my dark color with a little of the light peach together.  It looks AWESOME!  Kinda reminds me of Italy at Busch Gardens.  Francesca is looking good!
 

 
 I haven't decided yet about the bottom panel--to paint the same as the middle or to do a darker ragging?  I guess Francesca will tell me when she's decided what she wants.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment