Monday, November 21, 2011

Now to the inside!

I've gotten just about all the outside stuff done that I can for now so I'm heading inside for my favorite stuff--painting and decorating!!  I'm waiting until the late spring--after the pollen is over and done with--to paint Francesca's outside and turn her into a proper Tuscan Villa.  I figure this is the time to do some of the painting and laying floor tiles before the temperatures bottom out. 

I spent yesterday painting the Masonite panels with Kilz to prep them for paint.  Man, I don't know what hurts more--my neck, my back, my hips, or my hands!  You have to be a contortionist to paint this ceiling!  After two coats of Kilz, I stopped for the day.  It'll be good and dry by tomorrow...

Today I headed out with paints in hand--and rollers and brushes and trays and newspapers!  I decided to give the center panels (aka Masonite) the same beige that I painted the side walls.  However, I thought that the entire interior done in that might be too much.  As I'm coming up to the ceiling, I think "Hey, this center part would look nice just left white!  Kind of breaks up the whole thing a little and marks off the dining end and the sleeping end a little!"  Not real sure about this, but I can always paint over the white with the beige.  And I'll have strips covering the seams to add some interest.  It's all trial and error!

I rummage through the paints to see if I have anything white-ish that will work--everything was white white, the whitest whites!  I figure I can add some of my beige to the white and make a white that has the same color family as the rest of the walls.  It worked!!!  Okay, so I'm officially getting excited again! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...I'm envious of your screen door! -smile- Francesca is lovely; well done.
    I'm visiting from the Scotty yahoo group and am in southwestern Virginia.

    ReplyDelete