Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Francesca's Gettin' Gorgeous!

Francesca now has all her interior paint done, the floor is done, the strips to cover the panel seams are on, and all the edges inside are caulked--AWESOME!!   She's looking like a real camper now!


I guess I'll be looking at redoing and building cabinets next.  So many decisions!  My galley cabinets--both lower and upper--are in reasonably solid shape and the doors and drawers are good.  However, I need to rework the one tall cabinet (which holds the fridge).  First off, I don't like the way previous owners sectioned it off to hold a larger fridge and the microwave.  It lost some storage space.  I want to add some storage space in there with maybe a smaller fridge and put the microwave elsewhere.  I tore up the panel facings on this cabinet so I need to replace them with some new plywood.  Also, I'm planning on building a new cabinet between the one tall cabinet and the dinette.  I'm trying to decide whether to make it a tall cabinet, a short cabinet, 24" wide or 36" wide.  Then there's the decision to paint all the cabinets or stain them...Time will tell!

I also realized that I have the cushions from the gaucho that I can use for my bed mattress.  It has 3 pieces, but I figure that I can take the foam out of the covers, top them with a mattress topper and make a cover for the whole thing.  That would save me the money of getting a nice thick pad which I haven't really been able to find yet.  More on this experiment later... 

1 comment:

  1. My memory foam mattress from Ikea was priced reasonably and it's worked great! It has a removable quilted cotton cover and it's never gotten wet on the underside like my futon mattress used to.

    ReplyDelete